Pharma Packaging in Brief
Acquisitions, market growth and global trends… We examine what’s going on in pharmaceutical packaging.
Maryam Mahdi | | Quick Read
- Faller Packaging, a specialist in pharmaceutical packaging, has acquired the Hungarian manufacturer of pharmaceutical leaflets, Pharma Print Kft, in a bid to expand its production capabilities across Europe. Faller now has eight locations in its European network. “Our new location will give us additional expertise and capacity in the manufacture of leaflets, and it will help us to serve our customers with even greater speed, breadth of support and reliability,” a spokesperson from Faller said.
- The recent growth in popularity of biologics and biosimilars has resulted in significant market growth for the pre-filled syringe space, with the sector expected to reach a projected value of $9.53 billion by 2026. The rise in the number of infections and injuries caused by needle sticks in hospitals has led to increased interest in pre-filled syringes as an alternative.
- West Pharmaceuticals and Schott have announced their intention to combine the SCHOTT iQ Platform with West’s Ready Pack System. The partnership will allow the companies to provide customers “with high-quality glass containment options to complement the stoppers, seals and glass alternatives”. The partners plan to use their collaborative platform to meet other customer requirements, including batch size management and containment systems for biologics.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Medicine Maker site. It’s FREE!
Or register now - it’s free!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Medicine Maker magazine