Video Roundtable: Cell & Gene in a World in Turmoil
In the face of economic uncertainty in a post-pandemic world, how will the cell and gene field respond?
Angus Stewart | | Video
From COVID-19 to a cost of living crisis, life over the last few years has been “out of the frying pan and into the fryer” for many of us – but how about the scientists, startups, and stars of cell and gene therapy? What way forward do they see for a field facing down an array of serious technical challenges?
To help answer these far-from-simple questions, we brought in a panel of area experts from Biovectra, Cambridge Consultants, eXmoor Pharma, Ori Biotech, and STRM.BIO. In our conversation, the speakers on our roundtable considered the impact of the rise of mRNA, the chances and challenges posed by automation, and how companies should rank their priorities in the years ahead – to name but a few of the tough questions they got stuck into. You can watch the entire conversation below.
Moderator: Angus Stewart, Associate Editor
- Jessica Madigan - Business Development Director, BIOVECTRA
- Rob Collison - VP of Business Development, Cell and Gene Therapy & BioInnovation/MedTech, Cambridge Consultants
- Angela Osborne - CEO and Founder, eXmoor Pharma
- Jason C. Foster - CEO and Executive Director, Ori Biotech
- Jonathan Thon - CEO and Founder, STRM.BIO