What’s happening in the world of contract manufacturing and development?
Maryam Mahdi |
This article was published in our sister publication, The Small Molecule Manufacturer, which celebrates the field of small molecule drug development and manufacturing with interviews and articles focusing on success stories, equipment, and new processing techniques.
- Catalent has completed its purchase of a Bristol-Myer-Squibb site in Anangi, Italy. The site, which has capabilities to support product launches for oral solids, as well as the production of primary and secondary packaging solutions will help reduce “time-to-market, simplify tech transfers, and minimize program risk” across Catalent’s European network. Catalent will continue to manufacture the existing Bristol-Myers Squibb product portfolio currently produced at the site.
- Alcami has announced the sale of its preclinical and early stage API facility in Weert, the Netherlands, to MercachemSyncom. The company has been taking a number of steps recently to improve productivity across its sites. Despite selling the Weert-based site, the company says it will retain its European sales and business development team.
- Sanofi’s Chief Executive Officer, Paul Hudson, announced plans to reduce the company’s reliance on CMOs to improve cost savings. The company hopes to find €2 billion dollars by 2022 and predicts that cutting down on CMO use will contribute €500 million (the rest is expected to come from reduced spending on deprioritized businesses and general procurement savings). The company also explained that it would be letting go of its “low-selling” product families, leaving them with 100 by 2025.
Enjoy our FREE content!
Log in or register to gain full unlimited access to all content on the The Medicine Maker site. It’s FREE and always will be!
Or register now - it’s free and always will be!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Medicine Maker magazine
Or Login via Social Media
By clicking on any of the above social media links, you are agreeing to our Privacy Notice.