Is it Time to Reevaluate Our Priorities?
The COVID-19 vaccines demonstrate what’s possible when disease is tackled as a genuine priority
James Strachan | | Quick Read
“The whole research and development community is working hard to bring us that [COVID-19] breakthrough sooner rather than later,” wrote Stephanie Sutton in her November editorial (1). And here we are, just one month later, with not one but three breakthroughs.
Read the full article now
Log in or register to read this article in full and gain access to The Medicine Maker’s entire content archive. It’s FREE!
Or register now - it’s free!
You will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to ALL articles
- News, interviews & opinions from leading industry experts
- Receive print (and PDF) copies of The Medicine Maker magazine
- Stephanie Sutton, “Beyond the Storm,” The Medicine Maker (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/2VkGAJq
- Pfizer, “Pfizer and BioNTech Conclude Phase 3 Study of COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate, Meeting All Primary Efficacy Endpoints” (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/3mnKX1X
- Moderna, “Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate Meets its Primary Efficacy Endpoint in the First Interim Analysis of the Phase 3 COVE Study” (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/33uKX9a
- AstraZeneca, “AZD1222 vaccine met primary efficacy endpoint in preventing COVID-19” (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/36naZgA
- BMJ, “Peter Doshi: Pfizer and Moderna’s “95% effective” vaccines—let’s be cautious and first see the full data” (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/37gemVG
- Stat News, “‘A huge experiment’: How the world made so much progress on a Covid-19 vaccine so fast” (2020). Available at: https://bit.ly/39tpy3S